Friday, September 29, 2006

Love

Warning *I may be naive, and not making sense here*

This entry goes out to my friend, Lay Theng, and people who had lost hope in love.

"Love is like the sunshine; no matter how tightly you shut down your heart, the sunlight will find a way to shine into it. Love’s process is unstoppable." - Nurmuhemmet Yasin

Love, is a magical thing. There maybe no such thing as eternal love, but as close as it gets, there is such thing as true love. I believe that at this age, 18, the chapters of love starts to unfold (a lil dramatic, lol) . Love is like life, a process of learning. No, it's a part of life. Love comes in many different ways. A person can have many loves, but each experience will be different from the next. As we fall down, we pick up ourselves, move on, and learn from our mistakes. But usually, it takes time to get up again once hurt.

It all starts from the first step, the first love. People give a 100% in the first relationship, there you can see the hopes of eternal love, imature, after failing, the pain is unbearable, and people, once bitten twice shy, they will not allow themselves to open up anymore. But what I must say, that if you are afraid of getting hurt then you will never truly enjoy life. Love is serious, but also not at all. When you are too serious you limit yourself. Trusting your heart and simply having the courage to love, goes a long way.

" Have faith in who you love and love itself, chances are it'll last. " - someone

I've been there, done that. I've been hurt, i've hurt others, i've been cruel. i too developed a fear. It's hard to believe that love still comes around. And i met this girl, she made my heart skipped a beat, when i see her, i get butterflies in my stomach, and my mind just goes blank. She's such an angel. But with that fear i had, i think too much, i became paranoid, and maybe, i freaked her out. I wanted to reach out badly, and i took things seriously at times, i was naive, at the end, i was scared.

Surrender it to god, the lord's miracles work in many ways and i realize. I've been stupid but now, i saw through the fog that has been clouding my vision. I didn't have self confidence, there's no courage in me. So, back to basics, start all over again and this time, i learnt from my mistakes. That's what Ai Khim told me, people make mistakes, it's whether you dare to admit it and change, or just don't give a damn.

We are not perfect, so is love. Love isn't loving the perfect person, but loving the inperfect person perfectly ! People make mistakes. To have true love needs patience, trust, honesty and having faith in each other and love itself.

A piece of advice,

"Don’t waste your precious time trying to define the meaning of love. The best definition is already in your own heart and mind.” - Nurmuhemmet Yasin

How could a geek understand all this ? Not to say i'm in love. lol. Pardon me if i don't make sense, it's just my thoughts. Most probably what i just typed are all crap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love love...u smile n also sigh for it