Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Short Update - Internship

I was late for work today. Stupid jam at Jalan Genting Klang. It took me an hour plus just to get out of that stupid stretch of road. Don't know what the hell is causing all that. I had to be at work at 8.45am. Ended up reaching at 9.05am. Luckily no one said anything.

I'm currently having my internship at AmInvestment Bank. Sounds like an interesting job eh. Unfortunately, i have zero experience in Unix and XML. So i need to study them to grasp the language. For the first day at work, i attended a briefing on a new system for problem reporting. It was quite interesting. I and my friends were then introduced to the team, and we were given our own table and computer to sit and work. We were given some Unix scripts to work on. But other than that, i practically did nothing much. First week i guess, have to see how are we like and let us adapt to the environment.

Went for the hands on training today. After that, just sat down and waited for lunch. Browse the ambank web page. We do not have web access there. How sad. After lunch, again sat down in front of the computer. Was given a Unix book to study and practice. Waited for 6PM to come. Actually work ended at 5.45pm, but since i was late, so i decided to stay a bit longer.

As for tomorrow i probably be taking the LRT to work. Don't wanna waste time stuck in a endless and pointless jam.

Hope everything goes well during my internship, can't wait for the weekend!!

until then.

No comments: