Saturday, December 24, 2011

Heart

The heart is a complex matter. It keeps you alive, pumping blood throughout the blood vessels. When you are excited, your heart beats faster. When you are guilty or sad, your heart feels heavy. Your heart also identifies what you really want, that's why we say follow your heart.

All the while, my heart tells me what I really wanted. The brain on the other hand is what you are. For me, I was the idiot. My judgement was clouded, I was rash. The decision I made was not fated but it's a result of impatience and confusion.

The heart hurts every single day. Sleepless nights are a norm now. I wake up each day with a sigh knowing what went wrong and I single handedly destroyed everything.

I could have listened to my heart, but my brain over-thought, I made the wrong call. I did not consult anyone close to me, I shunned everyone away.

It was my dumb brain that created all this mess.

No comments: