Sunday, May 17, 2009

I'd TP your house with all these toilet papers.

Today at work, I had a tummy ache. I stop what I was doing and drifted to the toilet to answer nature’s call. As I close the door, I saw that there was no toilet paper. So I went next door to get the toilet paper there and came back to my cubicle. As I made myself comfortable, my mind drifted away as my butt makes the music. Halfway through it, I was looking at the toilet paper. It got me thinking, it was only 10 in the morning and the toilet paper has already been used up. Through my observations, I’ve noticed that the toilet paper will be refilled twice a day. So I made some calculations. There are 26 floors in Bangunan AmBank. Each floor has two toilets, one for female and one for male. Inside the toilet there are 4 cubicles where each will have a roll of toilet paper.

Bangunan AmBank

• 26 Floors
• 2 toilet each floor
• 4 cubicle each toilet
• 2 rolls of toilet paper each day.

So 26 floors X 2 toilets each floor is 52.
52 X 4 cubicles is 208.
208 X 2 rolls of toilet paper per day is 416 toilet paper used each day!

If we count the amount of toilet paper used in May itself, that would be
416 X 21 business days = 8736 toilet paper rolls for that month.
Not inclusive of non-working days.

That’s only for one month. How many trees have been cut down for humans to waste like this? I sat that and ponder. There are so many buildings that have toilets that use toilet papers everyday. With that amount of toilet paper, I could TP the Petronas twin towers with no problems. From far you would see the twin towers cover in white toilet paper and that would be real fun. I could TP every single mall in Malaysia with the amount of toilet paper used each day. Every mall would be cover in all sorts of toilet paper from all kinds of brand and with all sorts of material. It would be like snowing in Malaysia.

My hands kept pulling the toilet paper as I finish my business. I continued to think that one day if humans do not have toilet paper, what would happen? The next thing I know, I had already used and threw a handful of toilet paper in the toilet bowl. Then I realized

I’m just one of them. I’m a big hypocrite.

So I washed my hands, and went back to work. It was just another day in the toilet.

*TP means to throw/decorate a place/object with toilet paper


So what’s it like being a working adult. I must say it is quite fun. Why do I say its fun is because I love what I do. I love looking at codes and trying to solve them. I love programming. Although I’m not really a good one but I do work hard at what I do. Maybe this is just the beginning as I’m still a trainee. Some people say that it’s better to enjoy college life. I feel that they both have pros and cons. In college you could do what ever you want, be who you want to be. Nobody cares about what you do, you enjoy life to the max. It’s like a disorganize folder. Unlike being a working adult, you start to get reorganize. You have to be responsible for your actions. Anything you do can affect you in a way. Of course, for some of us who likes to wake up late. It’s also a habit that needs to be thrown out when you are working. Unless you are the boss.

Currently the only thing I feel not satisfied about is because I’m not working in a software house. In a software house, you are the vendor. You are providing the software therefore there is more programming to be done. As working in a bank, we do not develop our own software. We buy it from the vendors. The only programming we do is simple stuffs like writing scripts and if-else. In the future, I would love to gain more experience by working in a software house so that I can be exposed to different kinds of knowledge. Working in this bank also has its advantage. By learning how to use the software, I could get a job next time at a bank that uses this software because I have experience in using it. It would definitely benefit me this way.

You ask me what working life is? Currently I’m enjoying it. We will see whether my mind changes in the next few months.

What about you guys?

Until then

No comments: