Monday, June 18, 2007

I'm still surviving..

After one year of studying in TAR college, i'm still surviving.

One year ago, it wasn't planned for me to enter TAR College. I was suppose to do Graphic Design in MMU Cyberjaya. I applied and i waited. It didn't came. Dad ask me to look for a backup. With my pathetic SPM results (only 2as). Where could i go?

Luckily i had enough credits. So i decided to look up TAR College. I read about the courses and this course attracted me. I use to hear TAR College is well know for their business courses, not the IT courses. I decided to give a shot at Information Systems Engineering. I downloaded the application form online and submitted it.

And now, here i am. MMU gave me IT in Melaka campus. So i decided to come here instead. Since it offer the course i opt for in TARC.

One year ago.

First semester, i was trying to fit it. I was trying to not be the odd one out, i used to sit alone in lectures, put on my ear phones, and just look at the lecturer lecturing. And then, i had problems. I don't know how badly it effects me emotionally but i know it did. First semester was a bitter pill to swallow. But i carried on, pulling myself together. The subjects where interesting, at least i'm interested to learn. I did think about, what if i'm not interested, what if i study halfway then i give up ? Then came exam, First Semester, GPA 3.3333.

And then came second semester. There seem to be a light shone at me. I know i was not lost anymore. I've made friends, i've done well, i'm adapting. And something happened, that turned my world upside down, from wrong to right, from pain to happiness. It's a great feeling. Semester 2 was a great one. A few blinks and then came exam again. This time i felt i worked quite hard, but not hard enough. Result ? GPA 3.68

Semester 3. I thought it was gonna be easy. With subjects like Web Page Design, which is my favourite, and Tamadun Islam, still not loving it. I don't know if i've done enough, but two subjects would be easy to achieve. It's a 50/50 way, either you win or you lose, because there's only two subs.

And on today, i collected my exam result slip, open it up, and i saw the letters A and a GPA 4.0.

I know it's nothing to some of you smart people out there. But this is the first time i got a 4 Flat. I'm very happy about it. I was lucky too i guess. Even it's a small achievement, but it will be an inspiration to work harder. It definitely boost my confidence a little higher.

I can sense further obstacles are waiting for me.

It's gonna be a busy week. I've a meeting to attend. Swimming lessons to attend. I'm a student assistant, which means i earn money as i teach swimming. Yay extra income ! Booths to attend to, also another extra income, take care of the paper booth where they distribute papers to students who subscribed. At times i get really exhausted because of the long sessions in college. It's really tiring, but i can't complain. Although i love to rot at home.

but i think i'm getting lazy soon. LoL

I'm curious to know who drops by here. Please leave a message in my tag box so that i'd know. Just curious. =). I know usually i blog to myself. I know a few people that sometimes drop by. but i don't update really that often. I know one persons who always comes here. ;)

I've been thinking of changing the design of my blog.

How is this for a start ?



Until then..

2 comments:

Joe-Lene said...

wowww.. congratz man! 4.0~!!! geng!

noel said...

Lol..thanks..it's just two subs la..so nth to be proud abt..