Tuesday, May 20, 2008

What's new this week

I've been trying to finish up a book i bought. Have two books and only am halfway through one. It's called The Alexandria Link by Steve Berry.

An extract from the book

The Library of Alexandria was the most important collection of ancient knowledge ever assembled. The building stood for six hundred years and contained more than half a million manuscripts. Then suddenly it vanished. No trace of this literary treasure has ever been unearthed.

Fifteen hundred years after the library's disappearance, Cotton Malone finds himself at the heart of the mystery. His son is kidnapped, and his bookshop is attacked-all because he's the only man alive who knows the whereabouts of the Alexandria Link, the key to locating the missing library. Purposely hidden away for more than a millennium, a forgotten truth lies within that lost cache of knowledge - one that, if revealed, will have grave consequences not only for Malone but for the balance of world power.
I just love reading books that has mystery, adventure, treasure hunting, the hidden secrets and myths. I thought after Harry Potter, no book can ever give me the thrill and joy *Yes, i'm a potter maniac*. I was just exaggerating. I kinda like how Steve Berry writes the story, the way he puts the action in words that makes your imagination run wild.

I have another book, which is called the Seven Deadly Wonders. I always have been fascinated by the ancient seven wonders which is

* Great Pyramid of Giza
* Hanging Gardens of Babylon
* Statue of Zeus at Olympia
* Temple of Artemis at Ephesus
* Mausoleum of Maussollos at Halicarnassus
* Colossus of Rhodes
* Lighthouse of Alexandria

I was always curious on how they were built, the history behind it, it's all so interesting. Especially the Hanging Gardens of Babylon. I don't really understand why they call it the Handing Gardens, it always has been a mystery to me, even after countless illustrations by artist. The Statue of Zeus on the other hand is a magnificent wonder. I have always been interested in greek mythology. Zeus, Poseidon, Apollo are all great gods. Plus watching Hercules since young and believing almost every bit of it just makes me want to know more.

But now, the world has came out with the New Seven Wonders which are

Great Wall of China
Petra
Christ the Redeemer (statue)
Machu Picchu
Chichen Itza
Taj Mahal
Great Pyramid

These are the wonders where you can still see with you eyes unlike the ancient wonders. They are all really fascinating and i hope one day, i will be able to visit all of them. I wanna be like Indiana Jones!

Until then, i shall stick to reading my book.

Last but not least, i will share with you guys the song that has been playing in my mind for the past few days.

Will-i-am - Heartbreaker




Cheers.

No comments: